Jane Isaac is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Jane Isaac may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- first name and last name
- contact information including email address, phone numbers
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Our main enquiry form DOES NOT store any information provided, where information is collected you will be clearly notified.
MailChimp ‘Book Club Newsletter’
When signing up to our Book Club Newsletter your name and email address will be collected and stored for marketing purposes. It is stored and managed by MailChimp, an email marketing platform. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, simply follow the unsubscribe links in the emails you receive.
WordPress Comments ‘Blogging’
When commenting on our blog posts you will be requested to consent to your name and email address being collected and stored. This allows us to notify you of follow up comments and additional blog posts we may publish. If you do not consent, please do not use the commenting system. If you would like to retract consent, use the following email email@example.com to request your information be removed or edited.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Removing and Disabling Cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies on your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
Learn how to disable cookies: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
Useful sites about cookies
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes, marketing opt-out.
- If you have previously agreed with us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Jane Isaac, 2 Harrington Road, Loddington, Kettering, Northants NN14 1JZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.